Heneral Paciano Rizal is the elder brother of our national hero, Jose Rizal.
If you focus watching this film (i tried to binge this five times), i recommend to mash-up with a background music of “Di Mo Ba Naririnig?” tagalog version of “Do You Hear the People Sing?” a song in the movie of Les Miserables. It will release your patriotic heart.
- It states the historical fact that Spain sold Philippines to USA for USD20M and USD7M received by catholic corporation. (Kahit nung unang panahon pera pera lang ang usapan)
- History repeat itself. The foreigners who confiscated the lands from the natives becomes richer. Today, those oligarch who tries to monopolize the Philippine economy will become richer and the government do not care if those are their friends. (Mabait akong kaibigan, masama akong kaaway)
- While the farmers affected keep poorer and slave on their own land. Our farmers cultivate the land with their blood, sweat and tears so that everyone will have food on their table. But until now they do not have their farmland. (At ang Pilipino ngayon ay alipin pa rin ng dayuhan sa sariling bayan)
- General Rizal who witnessed the whole history and story in Spanish and American Regime. He also witnessed the epidemic of Cholera. (Na ngayon ay nararanasan naman natin ang epidemya ng Covid19 at tila walang pagkakaiba ang nangyayari nuon sa ngayon sa ating Pamahalaan)
- General Rizal have a lot of questions to his brother, Jose Rizal. He has a lot of time to escape. If he only lives longer. he will be a great help to the Philippines. He will have a lot of contributions in literature, medicines, education etc. (Kung nabuhay ba ng matagal ang ating National Hero, parehas pa rin ba kaya ang buhay natin ngayon..)
- Paciano keeps thinking the point why Filipinos always fail in fighting their rights? Why there has a failure of the revolution and advocacy. Who can understand this? Will you understand why? Will Pepe (Jose Rizal) can explain what is happening now? (Hindi ba sa kadahilanan na me ganid at pansariling interest lamang ang isinaalang-alang at hindi lahat ng Pilipino ay nagbubuklod sa iisang mabuting hangarin)
- Why talented, educated and intelligent Filipino leaders / followers give importance for the colonizer? When Pepe is in Europe they do not experience how hard life is, if they try to evacuate you on your own land in Calamba Laguna because they cannot pay the rent (or loan) that keep on increasing. (At bakit sa ngayon ang mga OFW ay ganun din ang paniniwala? Sa kadahilanang hindi nila naiintindihan ang nangyayari sa bansa sapagkat hindi nila ito nararanasan, bagkos nagbabasa lamang sila sa mga nakikita sa social media)
- Who cares if they see us as indio’s? Did they have right to enslave us? (O nga naman, ano ang karapatan nila para tayo ay maliitin at alilain, dahil ba malaki ang pagkakautang ng ating bansa sa kanila?)
- The point he is trying to tell to us, there are real heroes that will slapped the truth and will prevail. (Sa katotohanan ay dapat me magbayad sa pagkukulang)
- God doesn’t command the person to control and destroy one another. (Pero bakit ngayon ganun pa rin, sa halip na magtulungan para mairaos ang pandemya at problema, ay nag-aaway away at nagkakanya kanya.)
- There is no law or reason that allow a person to amass another man’s wealth. (Huwag nyo pagnasaan ang hindi ninyo pinaghirapan at pag – aari)
- We are the landowners of our country and have the right to reclaim our land. (Pagyamanin natin ang sariling lupa at huwag sanang ibenta sa banyaga)
- Do not forget Filipino heroes and to those heroes who gravely destroyed by those fellowman pretending heroes. (Kahit ngayon me traydor sa kapwa Pilipino)
- What’s the result of Pepe’s martyrdom? They glorify him, by putting his face in the bills, books, statue etc. Will they give importance with his teaching or they will ignore it today? (Gusto mo yon, ilalagay ang mukha mo sa pera o sa card, magpakabayani ka lang ngayon)
- There will be no Jose Rizal if there is no brother like General Paciano Rizal. (Walang kalayaan, kung hindi magtutulungan ang magkakapatid at kapwa Pilipino lalo na sa panahon ng pandemyang ito)
Salute to the medical frontliners as you are the new heroes nowadays.
In support for local artists and local films, I am recommending to view some of their crafts and masterpiece at Cinemalaya 2020 ( cinemalaya.org ) It’s a pay-per-view but it’s really worth it to watch nowadays. Relax, stay safe and enjoy viewing.
Steps in availing the Cinemalaya 2020 Bundles and Packages:
a. Please go to cinemalaya.org/tickets/
b. Choose your preferred tickets BASIC for P150, STANDARD for P200 and Premium for P350 or for the main competition P75 each films.
c. They are using vimeo for the pay per view, you need to create an account to log-in
d. Pay through your debit or credit card or paypal account